If you have ever undertaken a move, you would agree that time is hands down one of the most vital factors for an effective relocation. Given that every single relocating stage calls for a lot of effort and time, it might be appealing to believe that you are combating a losing battle. Indeed, there is no denying the fact that staying time-efficient while preparing for a big day is a tough nut to crack. But it is far from impossible.
Below are a few of the most common time-saving relocating tips from moving pros that can make your life less complicated while transitioning to a new house.
1) Come Up With An Efficient Moving Timeline
On the surface, it may look like a pointless activity to note down every task that needs to be completed. Yet, by doing this, you will certainly get away from the last-minute moving scrambles.
A week-by-week relocating list could be extremely useful as it will keep reminding you about the daily tasks and ensure you stay on the right track. Since it is difficult to memorize every single chore, sticking to this list will do a world of good to you. That way, you will certainly keep a host of troubles at bay during the frantic preparatory phase. The key is to start at least two months ahead of time and tackle each task without unnecessary stress.
2) Get Hooked Up With Professional Movers
Working with a knowledgeable moving firm should be a priority in your moving options. While hiring an inexpensive mover may sound like an appealing idea, it can cost you a great deal of time and money if the professionals are not on top of their game.
So, to be on the safe side, do some informal research to see which moving companies are doing the best job. You may also send an e-mail to friends to see if they have any kind of referrals or cautions regarding relocating firms they have hired in the past. As soon as you narrow down your choices, read online reviews to further evaluate their professionalism.
3) Tap Into Ruthless De-cluttering
When you de-clutter prior to moving, you feel a lot relieved when entering a brand-new home or office. Seasoned interior designers believe that hotels make you really feel so kicked back because they are stuffed with unnecessary items. Broadly put, the cleaner your space is, the more calming effect it will have on your mind. Apart from that, de-cluttering before relocating can drastically reduce your overheads and time. Here are some tried-and-true hacks that will make it walk in the park.
- Start Early: Do not wait too long to choose what to load and what to get rid of. You are better off planning two weeks before the respective moving company arrives at your doorstep. Sanction a couple of hours a day to deal with a wardrobe or any other storage space in your home. By dividing the work into smaller chunks, you will not be lured to just toss it all in boxes and do away with packing.
- Sort Items by Category: Tackling your possessions by category makes up for a successful de-cluttering project. If you start with books, you ought to collect every single book you possess from all edges of your residence. Go into your drawing room, basement, attic, etc., and discover them all. After that, outline each publication and decide which ones you want to keep.
- Leverage Practicality Test: If you are unsure you must keep or donate something, ask yourself honestly if you will ever use that particular item. For instance, establish a time frame for clothes. If you have not worn an outfit in a year, you possibly will not wear it again. Therefore, you could put it into the donation box.
4) Be Clever About Packing
Packaging can be a time-consuming task. However, there are ways to fast pace the process. The most effective option is to hire specialist packers. But in case you intend to do it on your own, you could still employ some handy tactics as well. One way to do that is to label each box with the room it is destined for. Do not forget to write a description of its contents. This will help you and your movers recognize where every box belongs in your brand-new place.
5) Take Along A Survival Kit
There is nothing worse than reaching your new home and realizing that every little thing you require, like flatware, plates, tissue papers, toothpaste, etc., are stuffed away. Set aside all these commodities in a different box, so you do not encounter any difficulty on the first day at the relocated space.
Moving is a task that requires care and attention to detail. It takes a good chunk of your time, and any mistake can cause great hassle. Thankfully, you can take this trouble out of the equation by walking the line of the practices listed above.