In construction, time is money and realising maximum profit from every project is essential. Luckily, there’s a secret weapon at your disposal: premium temporary surface protection. This tool can be your ally in staying on schedule and within budget.
Here, we delve into four steps to leverage this tool for optimum jobsite profits.
Step 1: Confront the True Cost of Damage
In a dynamic construction environment, dismissing damage as ‘part of the job’ or even forego safeguarding certain areas to save time is tempting. However, this could be an expensive mistake. Finished surfaces like floors, stairs, doors, kitchens, bathrooms, glass, windows, and cabinets are prone to damage whenever you’re on-site.
The real cost of damage extends beyond ‘just another repair’. It includes:
- The risk of a bad repair: Certain surfaces, like bathtubs, don’t always return to their original state after repair. The fix may affect the finish or even the structure.
- The true cost of replacement: Replacing a damaged item involves lead time, the item’s cost, labour for replacement, and time lost from your project during the repair.
- Reputation risks: Informing a client about a delay due to preventable damage can tarnish your reputation and future business prospects as a construction professional.
Remember, damaged finished surfaces can domino into work delays, budget overruns, and reputation damage. These factors should be considered when budgeting for temporary surface protection.
Step 2: Account for ‘The Human Factor’
Mistakes are part of being human. Anticipating this reality can help mitigate its impact, especially during supply chain and labour challenges. Consider that repairing or replacing even the cheapest floors costs more than investing in professional floor protection upfront!
For any finished surface, the inevitable cost of materials and time to fit a replacement far outweighs the cost of temporary surface protection.
Step 3: Learn from Construction Industry Insights
Many successful, large-scale projects owe their success to a small investment in temporary surface protection. Here are some examples:
- One customer saved thousands by preventing aluminium frame damage with premium protective tape. This preserved valuable architectural metal and avoided the lead times of custom replacements.
- One of our customers switched from plywood to an alternative protective board, enabling workers to move ten sheets at once instead of one. This simple change saved significant time and budget across the jobsite.
- Another company saw minimal flooring deficiencies during their project’s final phases using our products. The savings in time, coordination, and money were considerable.
Step 4: Eliminate the Guesswork!
Avoid falling into the trap of using a familiar product or one that will ‘probably’ work well. Instead:
- Don’t overpay: Specialists can provide free project assistance to help identify the best option based on factors like the level of protection needed, the duration of protection, and the surfaces requiring protection.
- Test before purchase: A free sample service allows you to try a product before buying.
- Stay ahead: Be the first to know about the latest time-saving innovations by subscribing to newsletters and following relevant social channels. They’re filled with insights, updates, and occasional competitions designed for construction professionals.
Remember, resources are available to make choosing and using the right surface protection easier than ever.