An electrical fault, a flat tyre, or a mechanical defect can disrupt your smooth car journey. It might be intimidating when your vehicle breakdown in the unfamiliar territory or you run out of fuel. This is when car roadside assistance can come to your rescue. It provides direct towing service in case you face problems including car running without fuel, puncture, and emergency conditions. It may be a lesser known service in India but the demand of the service increasing in leaps and bounds. Considering the huge potential of the market many foreign service providers have also started operating in India. Industrial experts predict the market will grow four times or more in the next 5 years. Increasing demand of automobiles and increasing number of older cars on road are driving the market growth of roadside assistance services.
What does roadside assistance services include?
If you are stranded on a road, the roadside assistance programs shall help you connect with the right professionals, whether you require minor repairs, gasoline, and others.
- Car towing services take your car to the mechanic and a specified distance in case the technician attending you find the car in really bad condition.
- Battery jump-start services shall restart your battery when it is dead. This one is the most irritating issue especially on a rainy day or winter night.
- If you have lost your keys then also you can call the roadside assistance. Locksmith and lockout service helps you to get inside your car when you are locked out. Lockout services unlock the car doors using a long-reach tool or a pump wedge. When these methods do not work, locksmiths are called.
- Flat-tire services shall replace the flat tire with a spare one. However, roadside assistance may not include a flat tire for a car.
- Extrication service is the method to move a vehicle if it is stuck. You might not have to pay the additional money when you take the help of more than one professional.
- Fuel-delivery service shall deliver you adequate fuel so that you can reach to the nearest gas station.
How does Roadside Assistance work?
You can book car roadside assistance service for assistance and it shall send a crew to the rescue point within no time. These services are free, but in some cases, you shall have to bear the cost. If you run short of fuel, you need to pay for fueling. If your car needs to be towed, you will have to pay for it. Some companies provide hotel accommodation and taxi assistance if needed. This facility is useful during monsoons if the car is highly susceptible to breakdown.
Situations when you may book car roadside assistance. Even the most reliable and new cars have bad days and they may leave you stranded by the road.
The situations include the following:
- You might have involved in car accidents and your vehicle is damaged severely. If you are not at fault, you must collect the insurance details of the vehicle owner and get him to pay for the services, which you need.
- Have one flat tire and do not have any spare one. You can use car breakdown services if you are completely insured. Otherwise, it is a smart idea to ask or call a friend to bring a spare one.
- If your car and your engine do not start. If this problem happens when you are at home, you shall not call any tow truck, however, you can ask the mechanic to come to the site and check out the problems. When you are on a road trip and if it happens then the situation is completely different.
- You want the car hauled from your place to a junkyard as it is rotten and it has not been used for quite some time. In this situation, you might negotiate your price with an auto wrecker based on whether you want to recycle or not because in both situations the hauling taxes vary.
- You may be facing car problems and you do not know what is the problem. It is not allowing you to drive safely and you need to be urgently transported to the garage of the auto mechanic. It is a roadside situation for you.
To keep your car in top condition you should take regularly maintenance services or should follow the car maintenance tips.
A Roadside Assistance is very vital as it safeguards the car driver or car owner in the event of any vehicle breakdown. Having an Assistance is convenient as you can be assured that help is just a call away during emergencies. Online platforms like Droom help the car owners like you in finding the best roadside assistance service within your budget and as per your need.