Where would we be without milk and other dairy products? The answer doesn’t bear thinking about; a world without milk, cheese and other dairy items is almost unimaginable and with that in mind, here are just a few of the benefits that we derive from dairy products.
- Digestive health – Research points to dairy produce having health properties for the digestive system; active bacteria live in the gut and these are healthy bacteria that keep the digestive tract in good shape. Probiotics are found in milk, cheese, yoghurt and other fermented milk & cream products.
- Calcium for strong bones – We all know that children drink milk because it develops strong bone structure, thanks to the high levels of calcium. We all need a calcium-rich diet for strong bones; you can order top-quality dairy produce from a family-owned Australian dairy company with an online shop where you can order organic dairy produce that will be delivered to your door.
- Dairy produce is good for your teeth – Dairy products are essential for good oral health as they contain anti-decay nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus and casein. Milk is believed to slow down the tooth decay process, making it less likely that you will suffer from cavities. Eating a small piece of cheese after eating sugary foods can help to remove harmful bacteria, which is recommended by the Australian Dental Association.
- Dairy produce helps manage weight – There is a lot of energy in dairy products and research tells us that people that drink milk/yoghurt on a daily basis have smaller waistlines that those who do not.
- Protein builds muscle mass – There are two kinds of protein in milk, namely whey and casein, which provide the essential amino acids that are needed to build muscle mass. Casein has been proven to slow down muscle breakdown, which is why bodybuilders drink a lot of milk.
- Reducing the risk of diseases – People who drink milk on a daily basis are less likely to suffer from heart disease, while cheese is thought to reduce blood pressure. Many large studies show us that certain types of cancer are not as common in people that consume dairy products.
We can all benefit from regular consumption of dairy products and with an Australian dairy producer, you can order the best dairy products and have them delivered to your door. Milk, cheese, and yoghurt are all things you should have in your fridge.