Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD is a neurological and behavior related disorder which causes difficulty in concentration and control impulsive behaviors. The symptoms of ADHD usually starts at childhood but can continue to teenage or adulthood.
Causes of ADHD:
According to the researchers, the exact cause of this disorder is unknown but there are some possible conditions which show that ADHD can run in families.
• Genetics: There are a number of causes which shows that ADHD can run in families. The inheriting genes from the parents are the responsible factor for developing ADHD. If any of the parents have ADHD than the chances of developing ADHD in the child is more than 50 percent. There is also a possibility of getting ADHD in a child if his/her elder sibling has this disorder. Same goes for identical twins. If one twin has this disorder, there are many chances that the other identical twin is also suffering from the same disorder.
• Pregnancy: Complications in the pregnancy can also be a cause of developing ADHD in the child. A pregnant woman with smoking and drinking issues has many chances of having a child with ADHD. A prematurely born baby or a child with very low birth weight has higher chances of getting ADHD.
- Brain injury: Injuries in the frontal lobe of the brain can develop ADHD.
- PTSD: A child with PTSD can also develop ADHD but need a different type of treatment.
- Some other causes of developing ADHD can be the intake of artificial food colors (jellies, candies) lead, pesticides.
Symptoms of ADHD:
A child with ADHD can have one or more following symptoms:
- Difficulty in concentration
- Short attention span
- Making careless mistakes
- Forget or lose things
- Unable to stick with time-consuming tasks
- Difficulty in organizing things
- Unable to sit still for a long time
- Unable to concentrate on tasks
- Excessive physical activity
- Unable to wait
- Interrupting conversation
Natural remedies for ADHD:
1. Fish Oil: Omega 3 supplement is a good remedy for treating ADHD. EPA/DHA which is present in fish oil is very critical for the functioning of the brain. These supplements help in reducing ADHD symptoms and increase the capability of learning.
2. Protein: If we see the physiology behind the ADHD, it occurs due to inadequate release of dopamine and serotonin. This depends on the inadequate intake of protein. So, eat food which contains a high amount of protein such as eggs, almonds, chicken, oats etc.
3. B-complex: B-vitamins helps in the formation of serotonin, it helps to reduce the symptoms of ADHD in the child.
4. Magnesium: Magnesium is an anti-stress mineral which helps to relieve anxiety, headaches and depression symptoms. Magnesium can also be a good mineral for curing ADHD in the children. Good sources of magnesium are dark green leafy veggies, sunflower seeds, almonds, fish, lentils, avocados, sesame seeds, banana, and dark chocolates.
5. Zinc: As we know, minerals are very essential for our brain health. Zinc is good for the immune system, protects neurotransmitters, helps in food digestion, increases serotonin formation, and improves the cognitive functioning. Good sources of Zinc are lamb, beef, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, turkey, nuts, green peas, shrimp, and oats.
6. Homeopathic remedies: Homeopathic remedies are also quite helpful for minimizing ADHD symptoms. These remedies do not have any kind of harmful side-effects and are easily available. Contact Doctors in New Jersey for more details about Homeopathic remedies. One of the great features of homeopathy is that every person will get the particular treatment according to his/her symptoms. You can contact ADHD Treatment in New Jersey for receiving the most functioning homeopathic remedy for your child’s ADHD.
Top homeopathic remedies for ADHD are:
- Coffea Cruda
- Verta alb
ADHD neither causes due to watching TV nor from bad parenting but you can help your kid to cure this disorder by spending time with your child. Healthy conversations with your kid can help him to fight against ADHD.