Eucalyptus is one of the fastest-growing evergreen plants available. They can grow up to a height of 300 feet. They have easy to peel and smooth bark. When talking about Eucalyptus shrubs they will grow to a height of 30 feet. Depending on the species available their shapes and colors vary.
Australian koalas eat eucalyptus leaves as their main diet. Usually, people either check for eucalyptus plant for sale or plant them mainly because of the medicinal properties they have or the menthol-like fragrance their leaves exhibit.
Types of Eucalyptus plants that are suitable to grow indoors
1. Cider Gum
They are indoor plants and can grow up to three feet tall and one and a half feet wide.
2. Silver Dollar
They have leaves that are in blue and green combination and their shape will be like a coin.
3. Alpine Cider Gum
They are oval-shaped and have a blue and green color combination similar to the silver dollar variety.
4. Lemon-scented Gum
Steps to grow Eucalypts plants instead of searching for eucalyptus plant for sale
- For the growth of the eucalyptus plants, plenty of sunlight is required. ANd the soil in which they are planted should be drained well. The pot should be such that there are holes making it easy to remove excess moisture.
- In order to prevent the leaves of the eucalyptus to drop off, water the plant regularly. Retaining the moisture is also equally important when they are planted outdoors.
- For plants that are outside, there is no need for fertilizers but if the plants are growing inside, then they are to be fed with fertilizers every few weeks and mainly in the months of the spring season.
- These plants grow very fast. So to make them grow healthy and let them grow correctly it is better to prune them regularly and take care of their shapes.
Benefits of Eucalyptus plants and their leaves
There are many medicinal properties in the eucalyptus tree which make people search for the eucalyptus plant for sale to get all those benefits. Some of such benefits are listed here.
- Eucalyptus leaves can be dried and used in making tea as they are rich in antioxidants.
- They are used as a remedy for colds and as a common ingredient for cough and cold products.
- They can remove and treat dry skin and even can remove dandruff from hair.
- When people inhale eucalyptus oil, they can heel some of their pains.
- People who suffer from anxiety and high blood pressure can get relaxation with eucalyptus oil.
- This can do wonders on teeth as well. For any gum diseases and for plaque in the teeth chewing gums made from eucalyptus are recommended.
- It is also used in repelling insects like mosquitoes and hence growing them or keeping those leaves inside serve the purpose.
Eucalyptus that are either grown or bought from stores can be used in many ways. They can be used as tea bags that are made from ground leaves. A few drops of eucalyptus oil in the diffuser can act as aromatherapy. But there are toxic effects when people consume eucalyptus oils. So they should be careful with that.