Fashion Communication is a specialised discipline within the fashion industry that concentrates on developing effective communication to promote fashion brands, products & lifestyles. It entails use of range of media vehicles & channels like advertising, branding, public relation, content marketing, social media marketing, event marketing or influencer marketing etc. to create and disseminate relevant written, visual orverbal communications or audio-visual message about fashion trends, products & brands to the right target audience.
Fashion Communication professionals work to build &convey brand identity as well as distinct benefits of the fashion brand & its products, thereby engage the audience and enhance sales. They are accountable for developing marketing campaigns, creating visual content, coordinating fashion shows and engaging media and public to create awareness about latest fashion trends, designs and brands.
- In order to qualify for appearance in the entrance test for fashion communication, aspirants need to have completed their 10+2 education from a recognized board and obtained a minimum of 50% marks, regardless of the stream they pursued.
- These eligible candidates take entrance exam conducted by respective colleges, and the shortlisted candidates will have to be a part of group discussion & interview.
- Only those students who have cleared all the three rounds are allowed admission to Fashion Communication course
Reasons to select Fashion Communication:
- It provides aspirants with an opportunity to acquire knowledge about lifestyle industry.
- On pursuing Fashion Communication, students acquire an in-depth understanding of the fashion industry besides developing competencies in communication capabilities, thus making them highly sought after in various sectors.
- The curriculum covers a range of aspects of domain knowledge, including retail experience, styling, graphic design, advertising & photography etc.
- The program guides the aspirants in developing a range of skills that will help them build a successful career in this discipline.
- The candidates are trained to face the challenges and come up with effective solutions.
- The degree in Fashion Communication will open up diverse career prospects such as marketing, advertising, journalism &public relations etc.
Skills: The students must possess the following skills:
- Artistic Capabilities
- Appetite for Risk with problem solving approach
- Confident with excellence in networking & communication abilities
- Interpersonal Skills
- Listening and Writing capabilities
- Adaptable thinking
- Goal oriented
Depending on the level of education, the experience, talent, location, job role and industry, the salary ranges between 2.5 to 10 lakhs per annum.
Fashion Communication Course:
- The college must have campuses in multiple locations and should provide certification that is recognized at global as well as domestic level.
- The curriculum must guide students in the skills of communicating fashion to a range of audiences using varied formats such as journalism (print, electronic and digital), events and promotions, public relations and advertising etc., thereby creating opportunities in areas such as fashion journalism, photography, social media, publishing, trend forecasting, advertising & PR etc.
- The program emphasizes on fashion image, the contemporary fashion landscape, digital experience, fashion journalism and cinema. Students develop their digital capabilities and are also introduced to luxury & fashion installations, thus sharpening their proficiencies in these areas.
- The college must encourage students in self-discovery, fostering self-confidence and enhancing creative capabilities.
- The college must offer ample opportunities for exposure through internships, masterclasses, live projects, participation in various events, exhibitions and festivals and talks by industry experts.