One of the oldest and most holistic treatment systems in the world is ayurvedic medicine or Ayurveda for short. It was created in India more than 3,000 years ago. Ayurvedic practitioners say that the five fundamental elements of the universe—space, air, fire, water, and earth—make up every living thing.
It is predicated on the idea that mental, physical, and spiritual wellness are intricately entwined. Its major objective is to promote health, not to treat illness. However, some treatments may target particular health issues. Ayurveda heals our health by identifying the ailment’s fundamental cause. In order to heal our body, it then employs activities for detoxification, cleansing, strengthening, and relaxation.
In this article, we will talk about why ayurvedic treatment is one of the best medical approaches for common conditions and its effectiveness in treating those conditions. Moreover, we will discuss the best Ayurvedic Research Institute, The Sri Sai Institute of Ayurvedic Research and Medicine.
Why Should You Choose Ayurvedic Treatment?
Today’s world is swimming in new technologies and modern medicine and methods, and yet Ayurveda still stands as a promising way to treat your body. Here are some of the reasons why:-
• It treats your whole body:-
Ayurveda is a holistic method in nature, this ancient medical practice takes mind, soul and body as a whole and works wonders in healing all your Doshas.
• It understands our needs:-
The human body and its relationship to the governing forces are understood through Ayurveda. Our doshas, as well as our mental, emotional, and physical characteristics, are clarified by the ayurvedic practitioners. They then direct us with techniques that are most effective for our bodies.
• It uses herbs:-
The world is filled with chemicals and in that world, Ayurveda provides us with a healthier alternative by using herbs as remedies and medicines. Ayurveda uses natural herbs and nutrients to treat physiological illnesses, including honey, milk, ghee, oils, minerals, and many more. The majority of ayurvedic medications work as a tonic, nourishing the mind and triggering therapeutic effects.
• It improves lifestyle:-
By focusing on every aspect of our living, i.e, mind, body and soul, Ayurveda helps strengthen and improve our overall lifestyle. It helps us eat, drink and live healthily. Ayurvedic Treatment in Bhopal highly focuses on a healthy lifestyle. According to the department of Ayurvedic science at Sri Sai Institute, good health is a doorway to a long life.
Diabetes patients can successfully regulate their blood sugar levels using ayurvedic treatments. Dietary adjustments, remedies, and meditation are all part of ayurvedic therapy for diabetes.
Ahara and Vihara play a crucial role in helping diabetic patients maintain healthy blood sugar levels and avoid illness complications.
Ayurvedic treatment recommends the diabetes patient add foods like Wheat Roti, Barley, and Purana Shali- Ayurvedic prescribed old rice, pulses like Mugda and Chanaka, vegetables like Rasona and Karela, fruits like Kharjura and Jambu and seeds like Utpala and Kamala in their diets
A list of Herbs used in the Ayurvedic treatment of Diabetes is listed below:-
- Bitter Melon
A varicose vein is a condition many people suffer, more women than men. It is a condition, mostly in the legs and thigh region, when the valves that prevent the backflow of blood in blood vessels are damaged, causing backflow of blood, swelling and dilation of the vein.
There are several beneficial and effective ayurvedic treatments for varicose veins, some are listed below:-
- Panchkarma therapies like Basti (bowel cleaning therapy), Siravyada (bloodletting therapy) and Raktamokshana (leech therapy) are reported to have shown success in treating varicose veins.
- For severe cases of varicose veins, treatments like Shodhana chikitsa, Shamana chikitsa (along with medication) and Panchkarma therapies mentioned above are some of the best ayurvedic treatments known.
- Internal medications like Triphala and Kaishora Guggulu are frequently used.
- Herbs like Eranda, Guduchi, and Punarnva increase blood flow while reducing inflammation. For blood purification, other herbs including Sariva, Manjista, and Mandookaparni are also utilised.
According to ayurvedic college and hospital, the primary cause of this illness is an aggravation of the Pitta Dosha or the body’s fire element which leads to acidity, heartburn, indigestion, gastritis and other gastric problems.
Ayurvedic Treatment is one of the best treatments for gastric problems because ayurvedic herbs typically don’t aggregate or irritate your digestive system, which is an issue with the majority of other medications.
According to Ayurveda, some of the most effective food items to consume when you have a gastric problem are mentioned below:-
- Aniseed, Indian Gooseberry, Cumin Seeds, Mint Leaves, White Pumpkin juice, Jeera, Tulsi, Cloves, Ginger, Buttermilk, Jaggery, Banana, Cold Milk, Cardamom.
Let us talk about how Ayurvedic treatment can help in treating one of the most common conditions from which the majority of the population of our country suffers.
Being overweight may not sound as serious to some people but it is one of the most common causes of many other underlying conditions we suffer every day.
Your dosha type is very important in the Ayurvedic approach to weight loss since it helps you address this issue successfully. Your weight loss strategy is created by taking into account a variety of important factors, including:
- Enhancing your digestion and altering the pathways that lead to the buildup of fat.
- Taking care of liver and kidney function to achieve optimal ejection.
- When planning your diet for weight loss, balance your intake of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
- Introducing efficient daily routines and exercise regimens for weight loss to lower stress, enhance fitness, encourage fat loss, and develop muscular tone.
Piles And Fistula
Both men and women frequently experience fistula and piles. Symptoms are pain and/or bleeding around the anus area. Age, pregnancy, persistent constipation, and diarrhoea are a few related conditions that may make the issues worse.
Ayurvedic treatment for Piles:-
- For early stages, a simple Kshar Karma (application of special herbs) is an effective measure.
- A rich fibre diet with fruits and vegetables as well as increased water consumption is always recommended to prevent and treat piles in every medical practice.
- In the case of a patient suffering from a 2nd or 3rd stage of piles, the best ayurvedic treatment is Ksharsutra Ligation of Piles mass.
Ayurvedic treatment for Fistula:-
- After identification of the exact location of the infected area and an ultrasound or MRI, Ksharsutra Ligation is the treatment Ayurvedic practitioners perform.
- It is claimed to work better than a surgery/VAAFT as Ksharsutra is a non-surgical procedure which is also more convenient and more effective. Chances of recurrence of the Fistula after surgery/VAAFT are high, hence Ksharsutra is ideal for patients in this situation.
Best ayurvedic hospital in India to learn Ayurvedic Treatment
Since ancient times, India has been well-known for its Ayurvedic treatment on a global level. And if we talk about the 21st century, Ayurvedic studies and treatments gain immense popularity that no one could ever expect. There are countless BAMS Universities, colleges, and institutes that offer BAMS courses to aspiring students such as Sri Sai Institute of Ayurvedic Research Medicine.
Sri Sai Institute is known as the best BAMS college in Madhya Pradesh. Students from different parts of India choose this institute for pursuing this top-notch course.
Ayurvedic treatment has multiple benefits as we have discussed above. This treatment is helpful in various medical conditions and the treatment has minor side effects as compared to allopathic treatment. If you’re interested in making your future in the Ayurvedic research centre, the BAMS course from The Sri Sai Institute of Ayurvedic Research and Medicine would be ideal for you. For more information, visit their official website.